Aikaterini (or Katerina) is currently an associate professor at the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at Chalmers University of Technology in Sweden. Formerly, she held positions as a visiting professor at the department of Computer Science at ETHZ, a visiting associate professor at Tokyo Institute of Technology a senior researcher (Marie Curie fellow) at EPFL, as a Professor at the University of Applied Sciences of Western Switzerland (HES-SO), as a postdoctoral researcher at TU Delft and as a visiting assistant professor at Vrije Universiteit in Amsterdam. She has been active both in European and National research projects while she has been awarded the VR (Swedish Research Council) young researcher project grant, the Rubicon Research Grant by the Netherlands Organization for Scientific Research (NWO) and a Marie Curie Intra European Fellowship. Among others she has served as associate editor for the Computers & Security Journal (Elservier) and the Ad Hoc Networks Journal (Elsevier).My name: Katerina is the short version of Aikaterini (official first name, used in my publications). Αικατερίνη Μητροκώτσα is how my name is written in Greek.
More Info- You can find my publications here.
- More about my research interests.
- ... and my academic activities.
- You can find my CV here.
- My Google Scholar Profile.
NEWS- March 2017: Open PhD position in Information Security and Cryptograhy. Fully funded position for 5 years. Deadline 31st of May! More info here.
- March 2017: I am co-organising the 22nd Nordic Conference on Secure IT Systems (NordSec 2017).
- February 2017: I am co-organising CrossFyre 2017.
- May 2016: I am co-organising the 9th ACM Workshop on Artificial Intelligence and Security (AISec 2016) collocated with ACM CCS 2016.
- May 2016: I am co-organising the International Workshop on Secure Internet of Things (SIoT 2016) collocated with ESORICS 2016.
- December 2015: Check my interview about biometric security at NyTeknik.se here!
- October 2015: Check my interview about mobile phones security at Mobil.se here!
- June 2015: I have received the STINT Initiation Grant in collaboration with Harvard University!
- May 2015: I have joined Tokyo Institute of Technology, as visiting associate professor.
- March 2015: I am organising the Workshop on Advances in Cryptography and Coding on the 10th of March. More info here!
- December 2013: Check my interview at ICT Chalmers here.
- August 2012: I have joined the ENISA Permanent's Stakeholders Group (PSG).
- October 2010: I gave a short interview on TSR for mobile security.
C. Dimitrakakis, B. Nelson, Z. Zhang, A. Mitrokotsa, B.I.P. Rubinstein.
Differential Privacy for Bayesian Inference through Posterior Sampling.
Journal of Machine Learning Research, Vol. 18, Issue 11 pages 1-39, 2017. [ Full Text ] [ Bib ]
C. Karlsson, A. Mitrokotsa.
Grouping-Proof-Distance-Bounding Protocols: Keep all your friends close.
IEEE Communications Letters, 20(7):1365-1368, doi:10.1109/LCOMM.2016.2562618, July 2016. [ Full Text ] [ Bib ]
E. Pagnin, G. Hancke, A. Mitrokotsa.
Using Distance-Bounding Protocols to Securely Verify the Proximity of Two-Hop Neighbours
IEEE Communications Letters, 19(7):1173-1176, doi: 10.1109/LCOMM.2015.2434373. July 2015. [ Full Text ] [ Bib ]