I am a professor at the University of St. Gallen in Switzerland at the School of Computer Science, where I lead the Cybersecurity and Applied Cryptography group. I am also affiliated with Chalmers University of Technology in Sweden. Formerly, I held positions as a visiting professor at the department of Computer Science at ETHZ, a visiting associate professor at Tokyo Institute of Technology and a visiting scholar at Harvard University. After receiving my PhD (2007), I was a visiting assistant professor at Vrije Universiteit in Amsterdam and then a postdoctoral fellow at TU Delft and a Marie Curie fellow at EPFL. In 2013, I joined Chalmers University of Technology and the department of Computer Science and Engineering. I have been active both in European and National research projects, while I have been awarded the VR (Swedish Research Council) young researcher project grant, the Rubicon Research Grant by the Netherlands Organization for Scientific Research (NWO) and a Marie Curie Intra European Fellowship.My name: Katerina is the short version of Aikaterini (official first name, used in my publications). Κατερίνα Μητροκώτσα is how my name is written in Greek.
NEWS- Our paper "Multi-key Homomorphic Authenticators" has received the 🏆 IET Premium Award (Best paper published within the last two years in the IET Information Security Journal)
- I serve in the PC committee of ACM WiSEC 2021.
- Our paper "Robust Distributed Pseudorandom Functions for mNP access structures" has reveived the 🏆 Best Paper Award at the 22nd Information Security Conference (ISC 2019).
- I have been included in the top 100 list of Researchers in Sweden, IVA Kungl. Ingenjrs Vetenskaps Akademien!
- Check my interview about biometric security at Magasin Göteborg here! (In Swedish)
- I am co-organising the 22nd Nordic Conference on Secure IT Systems (NordSec 2017).
- I am co-organising CrossFyre 2017.
- Check my interview about biometric security at NyTeknik.se here!
- Check my interview about mobile phones security at Mobil.se here!
- I have received the STINT Initiation Grant in collaboration with Harvard University!
- I have joined Tokyo Institute of Technology, as visiting associate professor.
- I organised the Workshop on Advances in Cryptography and Coding on the 10th of March. More info here!
- Check my interview at ICT Chalmers here.
- I have joined the ENISA Permanent's Stakeholders Group (PSG).
- I gave a short interview on TSR for mobile security.
B. Liang, G. Banegas, A. Mitrokotsa
Statically Aggregate Verifiable Random Functions and Application to E-Lottery. Cryptograhy (MDPI), 4(4), 37, doi:10.3390/cryptography4040037, 2020. [ Full Text ]
G. Tsaloli, G. Banegas, A. Mitrokotsa
Practical and Provably Secure Distributed Aggregation: Verifiable Additive Homomorphic Secret Sharing. Cryptograhy (MDPI), 4(3), 25, doi:10.3390/cryptography4030025, 2020. [ Full Text ]
D. Fiore, A. Mitrokotsa, L. Nizzardo, E. Pagnin.
Multi-key homomorphic authenticators. IET Information Security, doi:10.1049/iet-ifs.2018.5341, 2019. 🏆 [ IET Premium Award ] (Best paper published within the last two years in the IET Information Security Journal) [ Full Text ]
B. Liang, A. Mitrokotsa.
Robust Distributed Pseudorandom Functions for mNP Access Structures. In Proceedings of International Conference on Information Security (ISC 2019), pp 107-126, LNCS, New York, US, Sept. 2019. 🏆 Best Paper Award! [ Pdf ]
C. Brunetta, B. Liang, A. Mitrokotsa.
Code-Based Zero Knowledge PRF Arguments. In Proceedings of International Conference on Information Security (ISC 2019), pp 171-189, LNCS, New York, US, Sept. 2019. [ Pdf ]
G. Tsaloli, A. Mitrokotsa.
Differential Privacy meets Verifiable Computation: Achieving Strong Privacy and Integrity Guarantees. In Proceedings of SECRYPT 2019, Prague, Czech Republic, June 2019. [ Pdf ]
B. Liang, A. Mitrokotsa.
Decentralised Functional Signatures. Mobile Networks and Applications (Springer), doi:10.1007/s11036-018-1149-1, 2018. [ Full Text ]
A. Yang, E. Pagnin, A. Mitrokotsa, G. Hancke, D.S. Wong.
Two-hop Distance-Bounding Protocols: Keep your Friends Close.
IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, Vol. 17, No. 7, pp. 1723-1736, 2018. [ Full Text ] [ Bib ]
Q. Hu, J. Zhang, A. Mitrokotsa, G. Hancke.
Tangible security: Survey of methods supporting secure ad-hoc connects of edge devices with physical context. Computers & Security (Elsevier), Vol. 78, pp. 281-300, 2018. [ Full Text ]
C. Dimitrakakis, B. Nelson, Z. Zhang, A. Mitrokotsa, B.I.P. Rubinstein.
Differential Privacy for Bayesian Inference through Posterior Sampling.
Journal of Machine Learning Research, Vol. 18, Issue 11 pages 1-39, 2017. [ Full Text ] [ Bib ]