Aikaterini (or Katerina) is currently an associate professor at the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at Chalmers University of Technology in Sweden and a visiting professor at the department of Computer Science at ETHZ. Formerly, she held positions as a visitor associate professor at Tokyo Institute of Technology a senior researcher (Marie Curie fellow) at EPFL, as a Professor at the University of Applied Sciences of Western Switzerland (HES-SO), as a postdoctoral researcher at TU Delft and as a visitor assistant professor at Vrije Universiteit in Amsterdam. She has been active both in European and National research projects while she has been awarded the Rubicon Research Grant by the Netherlands Organization for Scientific Research (NWO) and a Marie Curie Intra European Fellowship. Currently, among others she serves as associate editor for the Computers & Security Journal (Elservier) and the Ad Hoc Networks Journal (Elsevier).My name: Katerina is the short version of Aikaterini (official first name, used in my publications). Αικατερίνη Μητροκώτσα is how my name is written in Greek.
More Info- You can find my publications here.
- More about my research interests.
- ... and my academic activities.
- You can find my CV here.
- My Google Scholar Profile.
NEWS- March 2016: Open PhD position in Information Security and Cryptograhy. Fully funded position for 5 years, available until a suitable candidate is found. Deadline 31st of May! More info here.
- September 2015: Open post-doctoral position in Cryptography. For more info contact me!
- June 2015: I have received the STINT Initiation Grant in collaboration with Harvard University!
- May 2015: I have joined Tokyo Institute of Technology, as visitor associate professor.
- May 2015: I am organising the 8th ACM Workshop on Artificial Intelligence and Security (AISec 2015) collocated with ACM CCS 2015.
- March 2015: I am organising the Workshop on Advances in Cryptography and Coding on the 10th of March. More info here!
- December 2013: Check my interview at ICT Chalmers here.
- August 2012: I have joined the ENISA Permanent's Stakeholders Group (PSG).
- October 2010: I gave a short interview on TSR for mobile security.
E. Pagnin, G. Hancke, A. Mitrokotsa.
Using Distance-Bounding Protocols to Securely Verify the Proximity of Two-Hop Neighbours
IEEE Communications Letters, 19(7):1173-1176, doi: 10.1109/LCOMM.2015.2434373. July 2015. [ Full Text ] [ Bib ]
E. Pagnin, A. Yang, G. Hancke, A. Mitrokotsa.
HB+DB: Mitigating Man-in-the-Middle Attacks against HB+ with Distance Bounding. In Proceedings of the 8th ACM Conference on Security and Privacy in Wireless and Mobile Networks (ACM WiSec 2015), New York, June 2015. [ Full Text ] [ Bib ]
C. Dimitrakakis, A. Mitrokotsa, S. Vaudenay.
Expected loss analysis for authentication in constrained channels.
Journal of Computer Security, 23(3):309-329, doi: 10.3233/JCS-140521, 2015. [ Full Text ] [ Bib ]
E. Pagnin, C. Dimitrakakis, A. Abidin, A. Mitrokotsa.
On the Leakage of Information in Biometric Authentication. In Proceedings of Indocrypt 2014, New Delhi, India, December 2014. [ Full Text ] [ Bib ]