Group Seminar | Cooperation & Support
The group is involved in research on i) Distributed and Parallel Computing
and Systems, and ii) Information Visualization of Complex Systems,
focusing on the following issues:
Distributed and Parallel Computing and Systems:
- Investigate new techniques for achieving high
parallelism and fault-tolerance in distributed or parallel software.
- Efficient design of fundamental
distributed and parallel data structures.
- Evaluate the performance of non-blocking synchronization in
parallel application and system software
- Bridge the gap between research on interprocess
synchronisation and use in application and systems software
through case studies and the development of software
- Multi-peer information dissemination and consistency support
Modelling and design of virtual objects for distributed collaborative environments
Information Visualization of Complex Systems:
- Visualization techniques to enhance
understanding of the behaviour of distributed
- Effective visualization of of "cause and effect" relations
- Three-dimensional user interfaces (3DWM).
For more detailed information about the research work of the group please
have a look at the respective research page of the group or have a look at the two posters describing our research:
Group Seminar The group runs a
series, covering papers related with our research (access is
limited to people within the chalmers.se and
Cooperations & Support
The group is member of:
national Swedish strategic research initiative in
Real-Time Systems supported by the Swedish Foundation
for Strategic Research (SSF)
MiNEMA: Middleware for Network
Eccentric and Mobile Applications, European Network supported by the
European Science Foundation (ESF).
The research of the group has also been
supported by TFR
Via some of our research projects collaboration with
ENEA OSE, ERICSSON, Microsoft Research, Jungle Peaks was established.
Top of Page