Two new papers on differential privacy:
- Aristide Tossou and Christos Dimitrakakis. Algorithms for differentially private multi-armed bandits.
- Zuhe Zhang, Benjamin Rubinstein and Christos Dimitrakakis. On the differential privacy of Bayesian inference.
Currently at INRIA and Univ-Lille-3. At Chalmers approximately once every two weeks.
- VR Grant.
Looking for a highly motivated PhD student to work on the project Learning, Privacy and the Limits of Computation (at Chalmers)
MoRE Vastra Gotaland / Marie Curie Grant with Harvard
Christos Dimitrakakis (Chalmers) and David Parkes (Harvard), obtained a grant for the project Market Mechanisms for Multiple Minds. covering a year-long visit of Dimitrakakis to Harvard.
FLI Grant for two Phd students
David Parkes (Harvard) and Christos Dimitrakakis (Chalmers, Lille), obtained a grant from the Future of Life Institute for the project Mechanism design for AI architectures. Looking for one PhD student, interested in Machine Learning and Game Theory (in Europe)
I am a co-organiser of the 8th ACM Workshop on
Artificial Intelligence and Security: AI-Sec 2015
- Reinforcement Learning Competition
I am a co-organiser of the revived: Reinforcement learning
We are looking for new domain submissions, volunteers
and prize donations. Please e-mail me if you are interested in helping out.
- We are organising a Machine Learning Summer School April 14-16, 2015.
- Our paper On selecting the nonce length in distance bounding protocols received the Computer Journal Wilkes Award for 2014.
- September 17, 2014. Lecture on Sequential Decision Making: Experiment Design, Big Data and Reinforcement Learning at the machine learning seminar of Linkoping university.
- Tutorial on Decision theory, experiment design and reinforcement learning at the MPI Autonomous Learning Summer School, September 1, 2014.
- ICML 2014 Workshop on Learning, Security and Privacy
I primarily cover topics in algorithms, decision making
PhD position filled
Secure and private machine learning and decision making.
Master student projects
The following projects are currently open, but I am willing to supervise any project related to artificial intelligence, decision theory and statistics. I can take on new students starting fall 2015.
Currently running projects
- Approximate distributed learning and decision making.
Recently completed projects.
- Adaptive experiment design for drug development.
- Recommendation system evaluation.
- Sampling scheemes for large-scale news recommendation.
- Identity bridging.
- Learning to play games from databases of suboptimal play.
- Reinforcement learning in large discrete domains.
- Learning to play games from multiple imperfect teachers.
- Large-scale content extraction from heterogeneous sources.
- Robust Optimisation and Minimax Bayesian reinforcement learning.