MBT: Model-Based Testing
Study period 4, 2014
Mon 17 March - Wed 21 May, 2014
Course codes: DIT848/GU and DAT260/Chalmers, 7.5 hp
Teachers and contact
Student representatives (Updated May 12, 2014)
REMARK: Please check the page regularly to see later updates
Note about registration procedure for GU students, and late
registration for Chalmers students.
If you are a GU student, remember tha you need to register through the
Studieportalen at GU.
For Chalmer students wanting to register now (late registration):
please contact the Studieexpeditionen (student office - firstname.lastname@example.org).
All news and changes which occur during the course will be given here.
Please visit this page frequently!
This page was updated
Aug 20 2014, 09:11
- August 20: The exams (from May 28) are available at the
student office at Johanneberg.
- August 19: Note that the re-exam (Mon Aug 25, 14:00) will take place at Campus
Johanneberg ("Väg och vatten" in Bygg & Miljöteknik building)
- May 23: Due to numerous requests we have decided to extend the final deadline to (re)submit your assignments: Friday May 30 at 17:00. Please note that this is a firm deadline and no further extensions will be granted. Also, remember that in order to pass the course you need to both: i) Pass all 4 assignments; ii) Pass the written exam. That means that even if you get a good grade in the exam you will not pass the course unless you have delivered and passed all the assignments. (Currently there are 29 students registered for the exam but only 17 have passed all the assignments.)
- May 21: If
you have any suggestion for improving the course, you can send them
by email to your student representatives so we discuss that when we
have our final meeting for the course evaluation. Also, please answer the course evaluation form when
available (you will be informed in due time by the
- May 21: We had today our last lecture. The slides are up
accessible from the "Lectures" tab. Remember that you must have
passed all your assignments in order to take the exam. Note that an exceptional
extension for delivering assignment has been granted till tomorrow
May 22; please contact Grégoire if you have any doubt about
that. Good luck with your exam next week!
- May 19: Slides of TDD lectures today are available under the
"Lectures" tab. You will also find the zip files for the interactive
exercises as well as a solution (to both TDD sessions).
- May 15: Slides on TDD are now available under the
- May 14: Note that there will be a revision lecture on
Wed May 21 (10:15-12:00, 13:15-15:00). Based on your requests
the revision lecture will comprise going through an old exam, and a
revision of generators in QuickCheck (Grégoire will be there
also in case you have questions about the assignments).
- May 14: Slides of the TDD lectures will be available later today.
- May 12: For the lectures on TDD (Wed May 14, and Mon May
19) you need to download the following file mbt2014-tdd.zip in your laptop (to
make the interactive exercises during the lecture). Please follow these instructions to
import the exercises in Eclipse: 1. In Eclipse, click File >
Import...; 2. Select "Existing projects into Workspace"; 3. Choose
"Select archive file" and browse to the given zip file; 4. Check that all 4 projects are selected and click finish.
- May 12: The list of student representatives has been
updated (see top if this page).
- May 7: You can see samples of previous exams under the
- May 6: Assignment 4 has been uploaded (available by
clicking in the link "A4" in the "Lectures" tab).
- May 6:
The last planned lecture of the course on Wed May 21 is a revision
lecture, dedicated to review those parts of the course the students
would like to see again. For that purpose I have asked the student
representatives to gather information from you all on what you would
like to revise. Please tell your representatives what you would like
to revise no later than Tue May 13 at noon.
- April 30: The schedule has been updated with the new
information on guest (and eventual revision) lectures.
- April 30: Due to some of your colleagues request we have
have set some guest lectures on TDD (Test-Driven Development). We have the
pleasure to have Micael Andersson from Volvo IT giving you
few guest lectures on TDD on the following dates: Wed May 14,
13:15-17:00 (Introduction + interactive exercises on TDD),
Mon May 19, 9:15-12:00 (Refactoring + Integration testing in
the context of TDD). Bring your laptop, and be sure you have installed all the required
software (Grégoire will help you to set your laptops during
the assignment session on Monday May 5 - 9:15-12:00).
- April 29: For tomorrow's lecture it is recommended to read
the paper by Harry Robinson. Graph Theory Techniques in Model-Based Testing.
- April 23: Please note that on Monday April 28 there
will be two lectures (lectures 9 and 10), starting at 8:15!
- April 9: I had a meeting with the student representatives
today to have a midterm evaluation of the course. Everything is OK
according to your representatives, the only minor commment being
that students want to know in advance about the deadlines for
delivering the assignments (currently the dates are written in the
assignment themselves). So, to solve that, these are the dates for
the two remaining assignments. Assignment 3: deadline Wed May 7;
assignment 4: deadline Sun May 18.
- April 9: Assignment 3 has been uploaded (available by
clicking in the link "A3" in the "Lectures" tab).
- March 25: Material from the lecture on QuickCheck has been
uploaded (click on the corresponding likn under the "Lectures"
tab). We have also uploaded Assignment 2 (available by
clicking in the link "A2" in the "Lectures" tab).
- March 18: Assignment 1 has been uploaded (available by
clicking in the link "A1" in the "Lectures" tab).
- March 17: The slides for the introduction to the course and
the first lecture are available from the "Lectures" tab. The first
assignment will be available on Wednesday afternoon.
- February 10: The preliminary schedule of the lectures has
- January 30: A preliminary schedule of the lectures and of
assignments has been uploaded (see the corresponding tabs in the navigation menu).