MBT: Model-Based Testing
Study period 4, 2012
Tue 13 March - Wed 16 May, 2012
Course codes: DIT848/GU and TDA260/Chalmers, 7.5 hp
Teachers and contact
- OLOFSSON, ANDERS (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- MELLGREN, VIKTOR (email@example.com)
- RAIHLE, JACOB (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- BACKLUND, EMIL (email@example.com)
- ZHU, XI (firstname.lastname@example.org)
All news and changes which occur during the course will be given here.
Please visit this page frequently!
This page was updated
Sep 12 2012, 09:53
- September 12: The exams have been corrected now. If you
have any question concerning your exam, please come to my office at
Johanneberg (5th floor, room 5482) on Friday September 21, 11:00-11:30.
- July 18: There will be another opportunity in August if you
have any question concerning the exam: At Johanneberg (5th floor,
room 5482) on Thursday August 16, 10:30-11:30.
- June 19: If you have any question concerning the exam,
please come to my office at Johanneberg (5th floor, room 5482) on Thursday June 21, 10:00-12:00.
- May 10: As you know the last consultation meetings concerning the
assignments was today. If you have any question concerning assignments 1-5
please contact Hamid by email. If you have any question concerning
the last 2 assignments (on QuickCheck) please send an email to
Pablo (also, Pablo offered to have face-to-face meetings at his
office on Tuesday May 15, 13:30-14:30 - at
Johanneberg's campus, EDIT building, 5th floor, room 5449).
Please note that the revision lecture planned for Wed May 16 will
only take place if there are interested students in attending. I
would thus ask you to send me an email on which parts you would like
to revise, no later than Monday at 17:00.
- May 8: The slides of today's lecture have been uplaoded,
as well as assignment 7.
- May 7: For the lecture tomorrow, among the references
given for QuickCheck, the suggestion is to read the paper Testing Erlang data types with quviq quickcheck.
- May 1st: Assignment 6 is up. A "cheat sheet" for basic
QuickCheck has been uploaded, available from the "Literature" tab.
- April 27: The description of lectures 12 and 13 have
been updated in the "Lectures" tab. Note that lecture 13 (on Wed May
9) will start at 9:15 instead of at 8:30.
- April 25: There has been un update on the Assignment 5
file (concerning the java implementation of the calculator, not on
the description of the assignment), so a new version has been
uploaded. If you have started to work on the assignment, using the
.java file before today Wed Apr 25 at 10:00, please download it
again to be sure you are working on the last version.
- April 24: Assignment 5 is up.
- April 23: Due to major forces the guest lecturer
Christos Dimou (University Carlos III of Madrid, Spain) had to
cancel his visit to our university. Thus Dimou's guest lecture,
planned for tomorrow Tuesday, has been cancelled. We will then have a
"normal" lecture tomorrow, and there will be no lecture on
Wednesday this week. The schedule in the "Lectures" tab has been updated accordingly.
- April 20: Some of you have asked whether it was OK to
come with "late" questions concerning previous assignments during
the consultation meetings on Thursdays, and not only
about the current assignments. You can of course do it, and you are
indeed encouraged to do so. So please come to the consultation
meetings and take the opportunity to interact with the teaching
assistants. Be aware, however, that the consultations take place in
the specified room (the same as the lectures: Lindholmen, Jupiter
building room 243), and that the assistants will be there at around
13:30 and will stay there for one hour or so unless there is a need
for them to stay longer.
- April 18: Assignment 4 is up.
- April 15: Lecture 7 (Tue Apr 17) will be based on the
following paper: Graph
Theory Techniques in Model-Based Testing, by Harry Robinson. It
is highly recommended to read the paper before the lecture.
- April 15: A reference to Harrison's paper has been
added to the "Literature" tab. The "Lectures" tab has been updated
(the entries for lectures 7 and 8 have been slightly modified)
- March 27: Assignment 3 is up.
- March 21: Assignment 2 is up.
- March 14: Assignment 1 is up.
- March 11: An explanation on how to set your computer
environment for assignments 1 and 2 has been posted in the
Assignments tab. Assignment 1 has also been uploaded. More
precise information has been given about the exam (see Examination)
- March 7: The time for the lectures and assignments has been updated: Lectures will
take place on Tuesdays 10.30-12.15 and Wednesdays 08.30-10.15;
assignments on Thursdays 13.15-17.00. The literature has also been