Tutorial Papers in Functional Programming
Feel free to email me additional
suggestions! (Preferably as HTML source for the link).
Programming Matters. John Hughes.
- Notes on Functional Programming with Gofer by H. Conrad
- Introduction to Functional Programming using Gofer, by P.E.Wentworth (100 pages).
- Functional Programming by Jeroen Fokker.
- Higher Order
Functions for Parsing, Graham
- Monadic parser combinators,
Hutton and Erik
Meijer, an updated version of the above using a parser monad.
Parsers Jeroen D.
- Monads for functional programming, Phil Wadler.
- Mike Gordon's lecture notes on functional programming, covering the lambda-calculus and ML.
- Simon Thompson's Programming it in Haskell (based on Polya's How to
Solve it). Brief and nice!
- Graham Hutton's tutorial
on fold. Explains the universality property of fold, and its uses --
to quote Graham, "all sorts of things that every functional programmer
should know about fold". Confusomorphisms for dummies!
- Tackling the awkward squad: monadic input/output, concurrency,
exceptions, and foreign-language calls in Haskell, Simon Peyton-Jones' paper on imperative programming in Haskell.
- David Mertz's column on functional programming in Python, an introduction for imperative programmers. Parts i, ii and iii.
Domain Theory and the Lambda Calculus
Last modified: Thu Sep 20 15:06:56 MET DST 2001