- Since 2012, Assistant Professor (Forskarassistent) in the Networks and Systems Division, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, at Chalmers University of Technology in Gothenburg, Sweden
- Adjunct at the Distributed Computing and Systems Group
- 2010 - 2012, PostDoc with Mikael Johansson in the
Automatic Control Lab, School of Electrical Engineering,
Royal Institute of Technology (KTH) in Stockholm, Sweden.
- Adjunct at the Swedish Institute of Computer Science (SICS) in the Networked Embedded Systems (NES) group of Thiemo Voigt.
- Adjunct at the interdisciplinary Linnaeus Center "Autonomic Complex Communication Networks, Signals and Systems (ACCESS)"
- February 2011: Guest in the SING group of Phil Levis in Stanford
- 2004 - 2010, PhD Student at the “Distributed Systems
Group” of Klaus Wehrle at RWTH Aachen University, Germany,
and University of Tübingen, Germany
- Thesis: "Mechanisms, Models, and Tools for Flexible Protocol Development and Accurate Network Experimentation"; Anthony D. Joseph from UC Berkeley was my external opponent.
- Adjunct at the DFG Research Cluster "Ultra High-Speed Mobile Information and Communication Systems (UMIC)"
- Adjunct at the DFG Graduate School "Software for Mobile Communication Systems"
- 2002 - 2004, Graduate Student in Computer Science at the
University of Kansas in Lawrence, Kansas
- Thesis: "MPEG-4 for Interactive Low-Delay Real-Time Communication", Prof. G. Minden, graduated with honors
- Scholarships from Fulbright, the University of Kansas, and the University of Kiel
- Adjunct at the Information and Telecommunication Technology Center (ITTC)
- 1999-2002, Undergraduate Student in Computer Science and Business (Minor) at the University of Kiel, Germany