Lars Bengtsson, Ph.D, Docent.
Professor in Computer Systems Engineering, Chalmers University of Technology,
phone 031 7728441; int: +46 31 7728441; fax 031
7723663; fax int: +46 31 7723663; Email: lars "at"
Senior Member of the IEEE and member of the ACM.
Graduated PhD students:
- Björn Nilsson, PhD degree,
thesis: "Energy Efficient Protocols for Active RFID”, defence: June
- Do Quang Minh, PhD degree,
thesis: "Accurate Leakage-Conscious Architecture-level Power
Estimation for SRAM-based Memory Structures", defence: June 18, 2007.
- Do Quang Minh, Lic degree, thesis:
"Towards a Power and Performance Simulation Framework for Parallel
DSP Architectures", 2005.
- Björn Nilsson, lic degree,
thesis: "Towards Energy Efficient Protocols for Active RFID",
Nov 23, 2007.
activities and published papers
Q3: LEU500 – Machine oriented programming, partly
Q4: EDA332 -
Computer Systems Engineering
including course development, management, lecturing and examination:
- Computer architecture (DAT105)
- Hardware design using VHDL
- Computer architecture
implementation course (EDA191)
- Real-time systems
- Operating systems
- Microcomputer design and
- C-programming course
- Project course semester on the IESD Master
program. FPGA & digital ASIC designs
- VLSI-project course using
Cadence and Synopsys tools
- CAD assisted electronics design
- "Director of Studies"
and program manager of the Electrical Engineering program at Halmstad
- Introduction to electronic
- "A Scalable SIMD
VLSI-architecture with Hierarchical Control", PhD dissertation,
- "Multiplex Wiring
Systems for Automotive Vehicles", Lic Tech thesis, Chalmers, 1989.
- "Synthetic Speech
for the APN548 Computer", MSc thesis, Chalmers, 1983.
- 1982-1984: Ericsson Radio Systems, worked with
datacommunications software and hardware
- 1984-1985: Swedot AB, worked with thermoprinter
- 1985-1987: Chalmers University of Technology,
Gothenburg, Sweden, teaching assistant and graduate student, worked with
multiplex wiring electronics for vehicles in cooperation with
- 1987-1990: SAAB/Mecel AB, Gothenburg, Sweden. Project
manager. Worked with multiplex wiring HW & SW for cars.
- 1990-2000: Halmstad University
- 2000-2009: Chalmers University of Technology.
Universitetslektor, Computer Systems Engineering
- 2009-present: Chalmers University of Technology.
Docent, Associate Professor, Computer Systems Engineering