How to get to LMU Institut für Informatik
Address: Oettingenstr. 67, 80538 München, GERMANY.
Close to the Chinese Tower of the English Garden.
View Larger Map
From the airport (MUC)
Allow 75 minutes.
- Buy a Streifenkarte, cancel 8 stripes.
- Take train S8, exit at Isartor (takes approx. 45 min).
- Look at the environment map, find the tram stop.
- Take Tram 18 northbound (direction Effnerplatz), exit at Tivolistr.
- Walk to the other side of the tennis court.
- The institute is behind a tall white wall.
From main station (Hauptbahnhof)
Allow 35 minutes.
- Buy a Streifenkarte, cancel 2 stripes.
- Take subway eastbound: either U4 (direction Arabellapark) or U5 (direction Neuperlach Süd)
- Exit at Lehel.
- Continue with step 4 in list above.
As of today (Feb 2012),
a Streifenkarte contains 10 stripes and costs 12,00 EUR.
If you see the main entrance, you are there. Congratulations!