SGS Student Apartments: Utlandagatan 24, Gothenburg, see this map, Phone +46 -31 -708 13 30, Fax +46 - 31-81 24 97.Back to TYPES summer school main page.
Each bus and tram stop is identify by a name and a letter, for example Brunnsparken C. The letter will help you to identify in which direction to take the bus or tram. In each stop you will find the timetable of each of the buses and trams that stops there. Each timetable has also the list of the stops of the bus or tram.
Note: Unfortunately there is a big ongoing restructure of the tramp lines and a lot of street work is going on during the whole summer. Buses and tramps don't go their usual way and there will be changes exactly on the dates 14th and 15th of August. We will try to keep this page updated but we apology in advance if some information here turns out to be incorrect.
Landvetter AirportThere are a few different ways to get to SGS Student Apartments from Landvetter airport.
To get to the airport you just need to reverse the above description. Be aware that the letter of the stop varies when taking a bus in the opposite direction.
- The easiest is to simply take a taxi. There are plenty of them waiting outside the airport building. The price varies depending on the company. The trip could cost something between 300 and 400 sek. The trip takes about 30 minutes.
The taxis called Mini-Taxi and Mini-Cab are cheaper than others but they are not often waiting outside the airport building.
- A cheaper option could be to take the airport bus (this cost 70 sek) to Korsvägen and from there take bus number 49 or number 52 from Korsvägen A to Utlandagatan (2 coupons if you have a Maxirabatt card, 20 sek to the bus driver otherwise). You need to walk the last few meters. The trip takes about 40 minutes.
Here you have a map over the area where SGS is located. The bus stop Utlandagatan is in the intersection between the street with the same name and the street Eklandagatan.
- You can also walk the last part (about 1.5 km) instead of taking bus number 49 or 52. See this map for a description of the way (go from Till to Från, contrary to your intuition!).
If you decide to go by taxi the best is to book one in advance. The telephone numbers for the cheap companies are 140-140 (Mini-Taxi) and 150-150 (Mini-Cab).
IT UniversityThere are 2 ways to go from the hotel to the school place.
To get back to the hotel just reverse the above description. Again be aware that the letter of the stop varies when taking a bus in the opposite direction.
- Take bus number 49 from Utlandagatan A to Brunnsparken. Take bus number 16 from Brunnsparken D to Lindholmen.
- Take bus number 52 from Utlandagatan A to Nordstaden. Take bus number 16 from Nordstaden A to Lindholmen.