Hotel Lilton: Föreningsgatan 9, Gothenburg, see this map. Phone: +46 - 31 - 82 88 08, Fax: +46 - 31 - 82 21 84, E-mail: email@example.com.Back to TYPES summer school main page.
Each bus and tram stop is identify by a name and a letter, for example Brunnsparken C. The letter will help you to identify in which direction to take the bus or tram. In each stop you will find the timetable of each of the buses and trams that stops there. Each timetable has also the list of the stops of the bus or tram.
Note: Unfortunately there is a big ongoing restructure of the tramp lines and a lot of street work is going on during the whole summer. Buses and tramps don't go their usual way and there will be changes exactly on the dates 14th and 15th of August. We will try to keep this page updated but we apology in advance if some information here turns out to be incorrect.
Landvetter AirportThere are a few different ways to get to Hotel Lilton from Landvetter airport.
To get to the airport you just need to reverse the above description. Be aware that the letter of the stop varies when taking a bus in the opposite direction.
- The easiest is to simply take a taxi. There are plenty of them waiting outside the airport building. The price varies depending on the company. The trip could cost something between 300 and 400 sek. The trip takes about 30 minutes.
The taxis called Mini-Taxi and Mini-Cab are cheaper than others but they are not often waiting outside the airport building.
- A cheaper option could be to take the airport bus (this cost 70 sek) to Berzeliigatan (usually the stop is Park Avenue but because of the restructure it seems that the bus takes another route) and take a taxi from there (this could cost about 100-150 sek). The trip takes about 40 minutes.
- The cheapest option is to first take the airport bus (70 sek) to the bus terminal which is called Nils Ericson. From there walk past the train station to the square outside the station (called Drottningstorget) and take the tram number 1 at stop Centralstationen C to Handelshögskolan (2 coupons if you have a Maxirabatt card, 20 sek to the bus driver or in the vending machines inside the tram otherwise). You need to walk the last part (about 600 meters), see this map for a way description to the hotel (go from Till to Från, contrary to your intuition!). The trip takes about 60 minutes.
If you decide to go by taxi the best is to book one in advance. Ask the personal in the hotel for help. The telephone numbers for the cheap companies are 140-140 (Mini-Taxi) and 150-150 (Mini-Cab).
IT UniversityAgain there are a few ways to go from the hotel to the school place.
To get back to the hotel just reverse the above description. Again be aware that the letter of the stop varies when taking a bus in the opposite direction.
- Take tram number 1 from Handelshögskolan A to Vasaplatsen. At the stop Vasaplatsen C take bus number 16 to Lindholmen. The trip takes about 30 minutes.
- If the weather allows you might want to walk to Vasaplatsen instead (about 1km) and take the bus number 16 there. The bus trip takes about 16 minutes. See this map for a description of the way (again, go from Till to Från, contrary to your intuition!).
- Another option is to take a ferry from behind Järntorget to the Lindholmen area. The stop behind Järntorget is called Rosenlund. One pays the ferry in the same way as one pays the buses and trams. The ferry doesn't go very often but it is worth to try it. The ferry stop Rosenlund is not easy to find nor to describe how to get there, The best would be to take first the ferry from Lindholmspiren to Rosenlund instead and in that way, get to know where this stop is located. Ask one of the local people where the stop Lindholmspiren is located. The ferry trip takes about 15 minutes.