CheatingBe aware that both the assignments and the exam are part of the examination. Any founded suspicious one might have about students submitting similar solutions will be considered as possible cheating.
Note that one cannot know who copied from whom, so all the students that submit similar solutions will be considered equally involved in the possible cheating.
What Happens when One Suspects CheatingThe student(s) involved will be reported to the Disciplinary Board. The disciplinary board can impose a variety of penalties, ranging from a warning, through suspension for several weeks or months. Suspension means the students are not allowed to take part in any teaching activities or exams, and (of course) the students cannot receive "studiemedel" during that time.
Be aware that a student risk these penalties even if another student copies his/her solution without the student knowledge. Hence each student should make sure that his/her solutions to the assignments are kept in a place only he/she can access.
How to Work on the Assignments
Important Note The assignments in this course are obligatory
and part of the examination of the course.
They are to be thought, written and submitted individually.
Aim of the AssignmentsThe main purpose of the assignments in this course is for the students to develop a good understanding and to gain knowledge about the different parts in the course. Hence, it is very important that each student does the assignments on his/her own. In this way one can asses what parts a student has understood and one can give hints on the parts the student hasn't.
Getting Help with the AssignmentsIt is only natural that one might not know how to solve some of the exercises in the assignments. To get some help one can:
- Take active part in the exercise classes where similar problems to that in the assignments will be discussed;
- Attend the consultation slots to get help from the teacher/assistants on the parts of the course one doesn't quite understand;
- Talk with either the teacher or the assistants of the course after a lecture or exercise class and ask about any particular questions one might have;
- If for some reason one is not able to do any of the above, one can mail the teacher or any of the assistants and make an appointment to discuss any particular questions one might have;
- Discuss with fellow students similar problems to those one doesn't know how to solve on his/her own.
NOT Allowed with the AssignmentsBefore a student submits his/her own solution he/she cannot:
- Discuss the exercises in the assignments with any of his/her fellow students;
- Read (partially or totally) or copy (with or without modifications) someone else's solution to the exercises in the assignments;
- Show his/her solutions to the assignments to a fellow students or leave them where someone else could find them.