We will have two labs during the course. Each submission of a lab
is either rejected (meaning you must improve it) or accepted (meaning
you have passed the lab). If the first submission is rejected you have
ca. one week to resubmit a corrected version. You must do
the labs in pairs.
Groups must be formed, and registered in the
Fire system (see below) until and including Friday, September 13 2019.
Needless to say, each lab group must produce their own solution. If
we catch you copying the solution of someone else, then this will have
serious consequences. Among them is that you will fail the course.
If you have questions regarding the labs, you are encouraged to post them to the course's Google group.
Submission of labs is handled through the Fire reporting system, see below.
The Lab Assignments
Links to the labs will be activated before the first lecture on the topic
of the lab takes place.
The assignments must be handed in using
the Fire report system
Before you submit: Create an account and join a lab group
The first step is to register yourself/your lab group in the
submission system. This has to be performed only once for all labs
and works as follows:
- Go to the system site, click on "Register here" and fill in the
requested information. Students without "personnummer" can use their
Chalmers- or GU-number.
- Log on using the account you just created. One of the group members should
create a new group and the other one should join that group.
- The selected group is used as your default group for both labs.
- If you want to hand one lab as a member of a different group, you
can click on "Leave group" and select another one.
Submitting a lab assignment
- Log on to the submission system (for a group of two persons it
does not matter which one is submitting the solution, as long as both
persons have joined the group).
- Upload the files that make up your solution for the lab. Make sure
that your solution is in accordance with the description of the lab
regarding file formats, output of programs etc.
- Once all files are uploaded, you can submit your solution.
- As soon as your submission has been reviewed (that means either
accepted or rejected) you will receive a mail.
- You can possibly download comments to your solution: Therefore you
have to log on to the submission system again and display the files
- In the case of a rejected solution you will have to upload a
corrected version and submit again.